Friday, May 04, 2007

Books ...books ...more books..

Books I have read in the recent past..

*Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri (it was my second time....a wonderful read...very real).

*The Glass Palace by Amitav Ghosh (took me some time initially but it is extremely engrossing ... beautifully written)

*Snow by Orhan Pamuk (haven't progressed beyond the twientieth page or so...will have to go back to it soon)

* The Inheritance of Loss by Kiran Desai (abandoned it midway...it wasn't very interesting...didn't keep me glued to it).

* South Asia's Fractured Frontier: Armed Conflict, Narcotics and Small Arms Proliferation in India's North East by Binalakshmi Nepram ( I'm currently reading it and its very informative. An interesting book...its related to the work I do and that makes it all the better . Gives a good overview of the security scenario plaguing India's North East. It might scare off people reading about North East India for the first time. It is no doubt the reality but just one facet of life as lived by people in these parts of the country.

Books I'm planning to read in the coming few weeks:

*The Calcutta Chromosome by Amitav Ghosh

*Aparajito by Bibbhutibhushan Bandopadhyay

No comments: